Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daylight Limo Rides

Daytime limousine rides are a rare but sweet kind of fruit. Obvious advantages over night-time runs are the fact that it's light (yes, obviously, but very importantly) that you generally feel better (not exhausted by being awake when the body says go to sleep) and that they finish at a reasonable hour (therefore I can get to bed at the same time as regular people.)

The people who book a stretched limousine from noon until 10:00 pm are different from the night-time crowd too. They tend to be older, richer and happier. Often, the booking is made months in advance.

A recent run was representative. I was to meet eight folks in the parking lot of a local restaurant in The Boss's super stretched SUV. Naturally, he has given me NO details...no idea of who the customers are, where we are going, nor if it's a special occasion. All I have is a time and a place.

But experience told me the people would be fine, as indeed they were. As is usual, the organizer introduced himself to me, and gave me the outline of the day. His friends all arrived, and they're loaded with food and booze and in very high spirits. That's good. Happiness breeds happiness. When I see bottles of champagne, I too am happy.

But not everything is rosy. The airconditioning in this machine works satisfactorily, but not brilliantly. It's a constant refrain from the back, asking that the a/c be turned up. All I can do is to tell them that it will cool down as we get under way, and that it's a big volume of air to cool on a hot Florida day. They don't care. If the least thing is wrong, people bitch. Sigh.

Another pending problem is that I have a navigator on board. A navigator is someone, almost always a guy, who wants to know every turn you plan to make. If you don't describe precisely the route, they'll pick it up and correct it. Unfortunately, this turkey is sitting right at my shoulder...which leads me to raise the divider. Thank goodness for the divider.

The plan was a common one: to Tampa for a matinee live performance (The Jersey Boys) then to an early dinner at a fancy steak house, and then home. That part was easy, and almost quite fun. I had time to read three newspapers, finish my book, make a few calls, spruce up the interior of the limo and take a half-decent lunch. (The latter's not always easy, given how tricky it can be to find a park for the beast.)

After dinner, I was looking forward to dropping off these people and getting home. After all, I'd not finished until 4:00 am the morning before. (More bullshit scheduling from The Boss.) And then came the kiss of death...they wanted to stop for ice-cream. Oh, great. No-one can agree on where to go, and everyone's tired, so they're not communicating. The difficulty for me at a time like this is that I hear three different instructions from the back, but when I try to clarify which ONE I should follow, no-one speaks. It's like I have to play the parent to a bunch of nine-year-olds.

Mr Navigator then springs into action. Okay, if you just make a U-Turn here, he says, pointing hopefully at a break in the median. My eyes roll in their sockets. This thing takes about TEN lanes to make a U-Turn, and gently suggest that another, wider intersection a little up the road will work better. He starts questioning me, asking what I'm doing...

...until he observes for himself PRECISELY how much real estate this damned machine needs for a U-ey.

But it all worked out. And it turns out that they were all real estate agents, on a pep-up trip, hoping and talking themselves into a better year ahead. Good luck with that, guys and girls.

And for a bunch of people who LIVE AND DIE on percentage sales commissions, the tip was abysmal. But I didn't care. I was home in bed before midnight.

38 comments:

Milliscent Morgan said...

I really appreciate this blog for giving great information same as the blogsite of limousine services in Toronto.

Milliscent Morgan said...

I love to read this wonderful blog like the blog of limo services San Diego. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Thanks to your great post. i like your blog.
Limos

Unknown said...

This is so great! I am looking for a Naperville limousine. Does anyone know of a company I could call? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

limo service san francisco said...

This is one of the most compact car- cute and for one family.

Anonymous said...

If you want a best limousine taxi service then don’t wait, visit our website and contact us. Limo Hire Melb

Unknown said...

Great work done.
Virginia limo

reston limo services

leesburg limo company

virginia tour services

Virginia limo

reston limo services

leesburg limo company

virginia tour services

Patrick said...

Comfortable leather seats ensconce the passenger throughout a deeply relaxing and swift ride to their destination. With the San Francisco Limousine service, a taxi ride is no longer just an ordinary journey but a premium experience.

gta limo service said...

I'm curious about that car in your picture, what model is it?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Day Light limousine service is obviously a different choice generally people tends to hire limousines in night.


Limo Service Los Angeles

Tom Niko said...

I have read this blog such a nice blog for limo's fan. I also impressed by limousine cars

Limo Services

Alex don said...

Very cool article.


new york airport service
group transportatio

خير جليس said...

u guys offer orange county limo so i can use your service

Unknown said...

Nice post indeed..I let my friends read this post and they all agree with you!..
Limo Services
Limo Vancouver

Unknown said...

Yes! i read this posting properly and really really very very impressive with wonderful blog. So therefore, thanks for sharing. Gatwick Airport Taxis

Unknown said...

I love limo rides. I am looking at a limo service in Naperville to surprise my girl friend. I hope it all works out.

Stacy Lee said...

Interesting post!! Daylight limo ride seems really interesting.

limo service lafayette hill said...

I love this car, spacious and easy to handle.

Anonymous said...

Great article! Looks like fun! My uncle ownes a Toronto airport limo business. I'm sure he is up on all the fun things to do!

town car service in md said...

I admire this cute car, light to drive and easy to park. Maybe it can be included in sedan service.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nice post. Day light limousine looks classy and a limo ride definitely seems to be fun.

avon limousine said...

Start off on the right foot and allow Avon Limousine Worldwide to assist you in making your perfect day perfect. When looking for Wedding Limo Rental in Bridgeport there is only one serious option, Avon Limousine Worldwide.
http://www.avonlimousine.com/
airport shuttle service bridgeport

earthlimos said...

party bus rental las vegas Earth Limos & Buses is the first and only eco-friendly, chauffeured ground transportation service in Las Vegas. Our fleet of eco-friendly vehicles consists of corporate sedans, luxury SUVs and party limousine buses. Our vehicles are ideal for nights on the town, corporate events, airport/convention shuttle transport and State to State Travel and sightseeing tours. Our chauffeurs are professional, courteous and specially trained to operate our luxury limousines and limo party buses.
http://www.earthlimos.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this article. Now I invite you to follow this page limousines, where you will find the best in car service Miami. Blessings.

Unknown said...

It's a nice article. Also, I'll share this page limousine where you'll find great deals on limousine service Miami. May God bless you.

Unknown said...

Nice page!
It is great to have travel ride's with limo service.
Visit also our page: www.avelimo.com.

Toronto Airport Limo said...

Thanks for providing this helpful information

Unknown said...

Thank admin for sharing such a interesting post with us.


Denver Limo

Unknown said...

I've never thought about taking a limousine ride during the day. It actually seems really fun now that I am thinking about it. I definitely have to do it now to see what it's like. I'll probably call Carlson Livery Limousine and see what they offer. My friend told me about them a while back but I haven't checked them out yet. Now is as good a time as any.

Corporate Limo NYC said...

Day Light Limousines?
What about Corporate Limousine in Day Light?

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your innovative blog regarding limousine services.Contact Charleston at (843) 860-0009 for best Charleston style and luxury limo transportation. Charleston also provides cruise transportation, airport shuttles or an elegant limousine for a prom, wedding or graduation.

Charleston Airport Transportation

limo service chicago said...

I love this blog the feeling you describe is awesome and I also feel same think because I am a limo service provider and I know how much people get excited when they ride in limousine.

town car services St. Louis said...

Outstanding blogsite, you dave us some insights on best limo services.

Unknown said...

I enjoy a good limo ride. There is something fun about renting a limo for a special event. I rented a limo for prom when I was in high school and it was a big success.
Bill | http://www.mrhummerlimos.com.au

Unknown said...

Hamilton wedding limo provides limo and executives car services in Hamilton and Toronto. Special occasion like corporate event, airport transfer, wedding, prom etc. our services are reliable.
Prom Limo Hamilton

Unknown said...

If you are hunting for a relaxing and luxurious conveyance for your journey, limo is very much effective gadget to fulfil the desires and FMH limousine services are offering incomparable ranges of limo hire in Sydney.
sydney limo hire