Monday, August 17, 2009

Snooze-a-palooza


Snooze-a-palooza. It's the only word to describe the limo biz on the Suncoast in August. If chauffeurs hibernated, now would be the time. In fact, if you peek under any parked town car, you might find one there, soulfully dozing away the summer. Or look around at the beach. The guy in boardies and black suit vest reading 'Driving Miss Daisy' is a likely candidate.

I imagine everyone in service industries would prefer to hibernate around about now. There are no snowbirds with feathers to preen and spring breakers are yet to turn their mind to Pabst Blue Ribbon. Speaking of cerveza, last spring break I heard that fine product of Wisconsin described as "PBRona".

I am unsure what that says about Mexican beer.

Summer then is nature's way of rejuvenating folks who smile and are polite for a living. Few can keep up a seamless facade of calm obsequiousness forever, and if they can, don't lend them money. They're crazy.

But enough already. A few weeks of sleeping long and flouching days is enough. Get me back to work before I start opening car doors for people who aren't paying. The patrons at Wal-Mart might look at me sideways.

6 comments:

savannah said...

so that's where y'all have been, sugar! a holiday at home (i am so over the word staycation!) can be refreshing, but i need to know when the action is gonna start again, in order to really enjoy the inaction....if y'all know what i mean. ;~D xoxxo

Wombat said...

Now you've got my juices going, Sugar. Staycations are old, I'm bored, it's time for some action.

Agreed!

Don said...

You do want to look out opening doors for folks at Wal-Mart! They might SERIOUSLY mis-understand.

savannah said...

so, where are you, sugar? xoxox

Enigma said...

So you havn,t been working flat chat?hhhmmmmm?
well you and i are about o have words, young marsupial!

Wombat said...

Hey guys, I just took a bit of a break from blogging.

Nice to see y'all.

You'll be pleased to know, Don, that I took your advice and kept myself to myself in the Walmart car park.

Sugar, I've been here, just chillin'.

Enigma, are you taking me behind the bike-sheds for a seeing-to?