Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Champagne Ruined



Without any justification, I'm a champagne snob. An ex-girlfriend introduced me to the wonders of French bubbly, a moment I shall never forget. It was non-vintage Moët et Chandon that first sip, just like the bottle in the picture. Oh, the nose; WOW, the bubbles; and OMG the taste. I'm sure Taylor, our local wine guruette, would use more technically appropriate language, but there is nothing else that compares to champagne from Champagne.

Which is why it pains me so to see this mixing of the best of France, and the best of Florida. Sacré bleu! Whatever where they thinking? The young couple were just that weekend engaged, and I was driving them to their celebratory dinner at Euphemia Haye.

Bravo, congratulations, good for you and all that. But why did they have to ruin the champagne with a Pepsi product?

It's enough to make me want a martini.

5 comments:

savannah said...

*ouch* that hurt, sugar! perhaps the poor dears heard that mimosas were the height of sophistication...*sigh* xoxoxo

Don said...

Would it hurt less if it were a domestic sparkling wine? I'm not a snob but I do dislike wasting the good stuff.

Wombat said...

Yeah, you've both got my thinking on the whole mimosa nexus. Domestic sparkling wine (which is perfectly fine BTW) for mixing, but French for straight up! (Only!)

nitebyrd said...

Wombat! You're back! *doing a happy dance* Why didn't you tell me?

Wombat said...

Hi Nitebyrd!

Can two dance the happy dance?

*smile*

I'm a shy retiring thing, that's why.

(HA!)