Sunday, May 17, 2009

Learning



A. Sorry about the ongoing prom stories, but it's at an end now. I think last night's was the last, and probably the best.

Arriving at the pick-up address, the mother of the teenage hostess came out to meet me. (That's unusual of itself.) She was perfectly charming. We chatted, then I asked her the question: 

Have you had the alcohol talk with the children? 

I groaned inside when she gave me the these are good kids blarney. When I explained the consequences if I found any one of the sweeties drinking, she came out with the magic words:

Oh, if you have any problems, call me, and I'll come and string them all up.

I laughed and told her that I now knew there would be no trouble, and that they were guaranteed to be good kids.

And so it eventuated. Very nice tip, too, thank you Debbie.



B. Is it odd that I find myself taking photographs of people taking photographs?



2 comments:

savannah said...

this is exactly what you meant in your response to me! there are far more good parents and good kids out there, they just don't get the press the baddies do! thanks for reminding me, sugarpie! ;) xoxox

ps. no, it isn't odd that you take pictures of people taking pictures. it's for illustrative purposes on the blog! (am i not the absolute best spin doctor?)

Wombat said...

You got it, Sugar! And the lesson I have learned is that parents who are parents (providing discipline and boundaries) produce the best product.

Some things are eternally true.

You give great Spin, no doubt about it. I'll have to engage you as my PR person. :-)