Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cruising boink

What a difference a week makes.

After the messy start to their vacation, the eighty-something couple eventually arrived back in Tampa last Sunday morning. I was schedule to collect them. Something must have happened onboard that ship. It might have been the sea air, the cheap booze or even the Mexican food, but they were a different pair.

When we left, Matt was dressed in a vest and cargo shorts, black socks and brown lace-up shoes. His wife was in expando-pants and droopy top. Altogether uninspiring.

Looking for similarly attired people at the pick-up point, I hardly recognized them. Matt was in stylish white jeans, short-sleeved shirt and natty shoes. His wife (I can't remember her name) was looking almost hot (in an eighty-something Florida way). Not only were they looking tanned and chic, but there was something in the air. And it wasn't just her new perfume.

Yep, I think Mr and Mrs had revisited the carnal side of their relationship. There is an air about a guy when he's proven his manliness again, and Matt had it. He swaggered. And she was kittenish, not a bad feat for an arthritic oldster.

Anyway, it was a fantastic advertisement for the cruise line, and one I'll be bearing in mind in the coming decades.

I can't believe I wrote that.

8 comments:

savannah said...

"Anyway, it was a fantastic advertisement for the cruise line, and one I'll be bearing in mind in the coming decades.

I can't believe I wrote that."

i can't believe i read it!

(you've got mail)

Enigma said...

I cant believe you wrote that either!!! hot in an eighty -something florida way? I think you really need to get out of florida.
however i think its pretty cool that the old folks "did the deed" , 'got down and dirty", played 'hide the sausage" i,m running out of cheesy expressions here.

Girl said...

Awww, that's sweet (in an I don't want to think about it too much kind of way).

Wombat said...

Blogs are like a box of chocolates, Sugar, you never know what you'll get.

I know, Enigma, I am being gradually sucked into the Floridian Oldster Complex.

Ugh.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Girl. It's superficially cute, but doesn't bear too much thought.

L.P. said...

OMG!!! I love this!
Toooooooo funny!
And i'm glad you wrote that. Someday, that'll be us... well not specifically us... you know what I mean.

I can just see this couple... this made my day. Totally cracked me up in a "cocoon" sort of way. Thanks Wombie.

nitebyrd said...

Oh!Jeez! Why is this horribly depressing and amazingly optimistic at the same time?

Wombat said...

Someday. Someday indeed Lakota.

So glad to make you laugh.

I guess because that's exactly what it is, NiteByrd.

I can't bear to think about it myself. Aging. It's all a mystery to me, yet all too familiar.

Iron Pugilist said...

I didn't like it, but they paid me well. At least I got to keep the ball gag.