Thursday, March 27, 2008

Origami

Last evening I spent three hours in the back of one of our cars. It wasn't glamorous, there was no booze involved, but it was a productive time nevertheless.

A large hotel chain had a cocktail party launching their planned hotel and condo complex out on one of the keys. I was there in an eleven-seat limousine as a static prop for a magnetic sign advertising the place. Apparently large white cars used as billboards get passersby to part with three quarters of a million dollars.

This was the easiest gig in the world: three hours, no driving, no CUSTOMERS and nothing to do. So I cranked up the air, rolled up my sleeves and went about cleaning the interior of that thing with a vengeance.

No-one could see in, thanks to tinted windows and strong sunlight, although it must have looked odd with the thing bouncing on its springs while the engine ran the air conditioner. Oh well.

The final touch that makes The Boss happy is well presented glasses. That means making nice with the decorations.

Here's the result. Looks pretty good, I think. And I have a new skill: origami with multiple napkins.

Yay me.



12 comments:

skinny said...

wombat, you can't really call it origami if there is only 1 or 2 folding involved.

and using two colors to create an effect is just plain cheating!

Girl said...

You're a handyman and you're artistic? Well, well...

*grin*

Enigma said...

paper folding, clean glasses and a bouncing Limosine...i think i just found out what your kink is.

Perakath said...

That's pretty cool... so when is it one is supposed to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning in a parked car with the engine running?

L.P. said...

Shoot, I'm impressed. It's those little touches that add that dash of class.
I love a furry with some creative flair. ~wink~

nitebyrd said...

Very nice, Wombat. Tasteful, even.

savannah said...

pride of purpose, sugar. looks good!

ok, i can't even imagine what it must be like to actually DRIVE something that long/big (oh get your minds out of the gutter, i mean the CAR)
xoxox

Wombat said...

Fair call, Skinny.

I have now started a new skill, which I shall call chauffergami.

Two napkins, few folds. It's like origami for occidentals. Minimalist origami for occidentals.

Girl, you're so sweet to me. Handyman is gilding the Wombat a little, and so is artistic.

But I'll accept the compliment anyway!

Enigma, I was trying to be enigmatic and hide it. Darn. Now my secret's out.

Got any napkins, honey? Do you want some?

Have no fear, Perakath. It's only dangerous if you actually have your lips over the exhaust pipe. At which point you have more problems than carbon monoxide!

That's just what I am, Lakota. A furry with flair and a napkin kink.

Boy, do I sound weird.

High praise from you, NiteByrd. It's about as tasteful as garish lights and chromed woodwork allows.

I'm a mahogany and oil paintings man myself.

Sugar, you'd be a great driver of this beast. Thirty minutes, a couple of scraped kerbs, you'd be good to go.

L.P. said...

"furry with flair and a napkin kink."

i can work with that. ~LOL!~

Enigma said...

i dont know, my initail reaction was *eeewwww"
Wombie, youll always be an enigma to me *gently wipes wombies whiskers with napkin*

Wombat said...

Lakota, phew. Glad you're flexible with these things.

Thanks Enigma, I appreciate your sweet tenderness. Sometimes I need a little of that TLC stuff.

Enigma said...

Anytime:)