Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hot Florida Days

Uh, oh.

I had just reversed into my Sunday morning customer's drive.

They need to be on a cruise ship in three hours.

There was steam billowing from the engine that I wasn't quick enough to photograph.




There's no way this is good.

I call The Boss, and he says to remove the cap of the coolant tank.

The caption specifically says not to remove it when hot.



Decide to look under car, and notice drain full of (rusty looking) hot coolant.

Call Boss back, and suggest that a rescue driver and a tow truck is probably more appropriate than a Wombat battlefield repair.



Yes, my eighty-something couple boarded the cruise, with thirty minutes to spare.

All in a day's work.

8 comments:

Girl said...

Niiiice.
A man who can fix things. ;)

Wombat said...

*dusts off hands*

Just call me when you need fixin' Girl.

L.P. said...

Dude.
you sure do have to put up with some crap on a daily basis.
It rocks that you superman'd the problem and got them to the cruise on time.

savannah said...

great field command, sugar! see the problem and handle asap ;-)

Darkneuro said...

...Does Harry grasp the concept of the words pressurized system?

Unknown said...

Superman? Wow, some accolade there, Princess. Just a little manly take-charge was all it required.

*deep voice*

All in a day's work, Ma'am.

Ha ha, NiteByrd, Harry's a really nice guy, but his interest in running a limousine service wanes on Sundays. That's cool. Gives me something to do.

Field Command! Savannah, now I'm standing ramrod straight, to attention, awaiting orders!

Funny you should ask, DarkNeuro, because Harry actually hates cars and the innards thereof.

Hates. Them.

All the more fun for me. And I think he understands a pressurized system in an abstract kind of way, but really all he wanted was for the car to go, and me to stop bothering him.

Makes for great future stories.

Don said...

Damn! I've seen a guy get serious burns from taking the cap off a radiator. That was some seriously bad advice. Harry needs to quit if he's that senile.

Thanks for mentioning that the old folks made it; it would have bothered me all day!

Wombat said...

Yeah, Don, I'm with you! There is a reason for the warning, plus wouldn't common sense dictate not to fool with more than boiling water under pressure?

*shakes head*

Harry just doesn't connect with machinery, is all.

Yep, happy to say the folks made their cruise, so it's a happy story.