Monday, February 15, 2010

Wise Heads



Young men and their lady friends sometimes find themselves in the back of my limousine. I'm impressed by the way they do the responsible thing, and pay for one of The Boss's limos (and me) to drive them around instead of doing it themselves.

In Florida, if you blow over .08 you are off to jail for the night, no questions asked. So a few hundred bucks to prevent that is the deal of the century.

These same young men aren't quite full-bottle on some of the finer points of limousine life. For instance, there are ways to circumvent The Boss's no smoking policy. One method that does not work is to raise the divider and light up a blunt. That results in me lowering the divider and politely pointing out that smoking is not allowed in the limousine, as per the rental agreement.

Someone needs to tell these boys that a polite request beforehand, and emoluments in the form of cash go a long way towards me overlooking The Boss and his silly rules.




Pic from here [link]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Perakath said...

Just tell them straight out! These sort of things never occur to me :(

Wombat said...

Now that's a good point Perakath. But does it not smack somewhat of grasping to suggest cash in return for flouting (admittedly arbitrary) rules?

Maybe it's just a question of my wish to be more subtle about these things. Plus these people should be reading my blog for such valuable hints and tips:-)