Friday, February 19, 2010

Weddings and Limousines



In response to my friend DC Chick's wedding announcement - congratulations! - here's my rough guide to renting a limo for your wedding. I'll do this in bullet points so I don't forget anything.

* Shop around by phone first. Phone manner will tell you much about the business.

* Ask specifically for what you want; stretched sedan, stretched SUV, Hummer.

* Make sure of the age of the limo - ask the year of manufacture.

* Look for a limo with a bridal door.

* Consider what you and the bridesmaids will wear.

* Tight/complicated dress means you want easy ingress/egress.

* Once you have narrowed it down, go and look at the cars.

* Impress with the number of hours you will need the limo.

* More hours means greater opportunity for reduced hourly cost.

* Make sure when you book you get exactly the car you want.

* If it's possible proceedings will go over time, confirm that's okay.

* Ask about the drivers.

* Ask for the one with the most experience with weddings.

* If it matters, tell them what/how you want him/her dressed.

* Be clear and precise with your plans for the day.

* Write those plans down.

* Send them to the limo driver, together with any specific requests.

* On the day, let the driver know of any changes to the plan.

* Don't forget to put some drinks in the limo. (Booze,I mean.)

* If you have a problem, communicate with your driver.

* Ask him or her for ideas if you need to. Use them as a resource.

* Put some cash in an envelope beforehand.

* Write "Limo Driver" on it, and give it to him at the end.

* Have fun.


Pic from here [link]

5 comments:

DCChick said...

Wombat, you're a sweetie!

Thanks for the info. Are you Suuuure you can't come up to the good 'ol midwest? :)

Wombat said...

For you, anything Chick!

I'd love to be in Chi-town, my love, for your Big Day, but I just can't see it happening. Sad, coz I'm a total Midwest Junkie.

Esp the girls :-)

If you need anything more, you know where to get me.

Unknown said...

For various reason limos is one of the most demanding services in the market today. Limo service is no longer a new to the people. It is very obvious that when there are demands many companies have come to provide the service to the people but it is also true that not all of them can give you the best service to Limo Hollywood.

singapore limousine said...

I was able to find the details that I was searching for. I must thank you for the initiatives you have made in writing this article. I am expecting the similar best efforts from you in the future as we

singapore limousine said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hoping for some more informative posts.keep writing.