Friday, February 19, 2010

Taking Money



Writing about tipping is uncomfortable. The impression I feel people have of limo drivers is that it's all about the tip, that we're grasping individuals motivated only by the palmed bill at the end.

Probably because this is my first job in direct service of people, the gratuity is still something of a mystery to me. Not that I'm not both grateful for, and work in slight expectation of, a gratuity. But the state of mind that works best for me is to do the best job I can for every customer, and be surprised at whatever happens.

There are no hard and fast rules about who tips well, and who doesn't. What I can tell you is that good tippers are both rich and poor, and poor tippers are mostly rich.

Now I've cracked the seal, I think I'll write more about gratuity life.

This is a good guide to tipping your limo driver. [link]




Pic from here [link]

3 comments:

savannah said...

nicely done, sugar! too bad your boss can't hand out an information sheet to clients along with the contract! xoxoxo

Wombat said...

Thanks, Sugar.

Well now that would be nice, but a nice Boss would be required.

His interests do not align with ours, sadly. Drivers are an unavoidable side-effect of owning a limo business.

Unknown said...

For various reason limos is one of the most demanding services in the market today. Limo service is no longer a new to the people. It is very obvious that when there are demands many companies have come to provide the service to the people but it is also true that not all of them can give you the best service as Limo company los angeles.