Friday, August 27, 2010

How We Roll



The idea is simple. You tell The Boss what time you'd like a pick-up, I arrive ten to fifteen minutes earlier than that time and wait in your driveway. If I'm late or there's a problem, you will receive a phone call; if you don't receive a phone call, you can expect that I'll be waiting at the address provided, at the time stipulated.

Moreover, all the drivers I know are smart people. If we're at your house at 5:05 am for a 5:15 am pickup, we won't ring the doorbell. I have no clue as to how your household's constituted - who sleeps late, who rises early, whether there are children, whether your wife got up at 4:00 am to cook you pancakes.

All of that is unknown to me, so it seems logical to use a fall-back idea, which is that no-one wants their door-bell rung before the sun's up.

That, sir, is how we roll.

Next time, instead of phoning The Boss to complain that your airport ride isn't there, do something more logical. Open your front door, or open your garage door and

SURPRISE

look at the nicely dressed man with the shiny Lincoln waiting for you.



'55 Thunderbird from here [link]

2 comments:

savannah said...

some people have more money than sense, sugar! xoxoxo

Wombat said...

Sadly it's true, Sugar.

I am convinced it all boils down to communication. The Customer should be told at the outset that the driver will not knock, ring or make any upsetting noise - they can assume we'll be there.

I have been on the end of enough harangues from people LIVID that I had the temerity to knock on the door in the pre-dawn.

How COULD I be so stupid as to do such a thing at the home of someone who wants an early-morning ride?

* rolls eyes *