Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bathrooms


Finicky is a word for it. Environmentally sensitive is a phrase for it. But the bottom line - ahem - is that clean bathrooms are important to me.

After some time driving now, I've pinpointed the quality public facilities close to our customers' regular haunts. Hotels are always a good choice. Starbucks form a decent second-tier. Gas stations run the gamut. Interstate highway rest stops are just nasty.

Ask me about Tampa Airport, and I'll send you to the Marriott Hotel ballroom facilities. (Very good. I've even been known to take a newspaper in there and spend a happy twenty minutes.)
On the way to Miami, there is a very clean Comfort Inn Suites at exit 110. Off I-595, take the Nob Hill exit, go north about two miles, and the facilities at Starbucks on the left are acceptable. But I always feel obliged to buy coffee there, dammit.

Given our weird hours, there is always the possibility that one might be caught short. I nearly found myself behind a bush in a gated golf-course community Sunday morning. You know the feeling, when something from the night before disagreed with the system, and you have to go.

NOW.

Luckily I applied the mind over matter principle, and avoided the furtive squat behind the herbaceous border. But it almost happened.

The best thing? Knowing I had the forethought to have some TP in the bag. Just in case.

7 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Because you're just smart like that. LOL.

Wombat said...

Smart or just lucky Tiffanie. (Although I knew the possibility for an emergency at some point was always a possibility, whether mine or a client's.)

Hi! Nice to see you again.

savannah said...

it's important to always have a way out

one of my life rules...covers a multitude of situations, sugar! ;)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

A squatting Wombat...quite the mental image... ;)

Wombat said...

I see we're of like mind in such matters, Savannah. My Cub Scout days (Be Prepared) stick with me.

Ah, err, umm, yes, Girl. That really is quite the image. Even for me.

Don said...

I'm just obsessing on the image of Wombat in this gated golf-course community. My friends used to live down by Sarasota in Lakewood Ranch. They thought that gated meant safer. They learned otherwise and have moved.

However(!) I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when one of those pampered wall-flower types found a stinky pile in their yard. OMG, I might die laughing.

Thanks for the great visual! (Of the wall-flower not you! Perv!)

Wombat said...

Funny, it might have been LWR in which said dump might have taken place.

But it didn't, so those manny-peddy-ed ladies who lunch won't ever be disturbed by some Wombat scat in their petunias.

Perv? Not me.