Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wedding


This is a photo of last Saturday's wedding. More accurately, this is after the ceremony, during the ritual Trial by Photographer.

There is much I could write about wedding day dynamics, but I think that I have discovered a new universal law: as the wedding goes, so goes the marriage.

If everyone's reasonably chill and smiling, and the bride and groom have a half-fun time, I figure the marriage will last. If she is screaming at him before arriving at the reception, there's little hope. But if the bride can get through the inevitable stuff-ups with her smile intact, and the groom loses the wide-eyed what the hell have I done look, I figure they have a shot at it.

These two will be alright. She was calm and low-key. He was uptight because of his useless best man, but came through despite that. In fact, when I said goodbye, I think he stood a little taller in his patent oxfords. That augurs well.

5 comments:

Don said...

You might have something here.

We got married in our living room with 2 friends, our 2 kids and one of their friends as witnesses. It was in Florida so the official was a Notary who happened to work in our office.

Our one friend baked us a wedding cake - 2 layers I think - it was a bit crooked because they went over a railroad crossing too fast.

If you can get past the cake; the kids outnumbering adults in the audience; you might make it.

That was 25 years ago. Just had to tell you.

Girl said...

If there's no fun and laughter at mishaps then what is the point? :)

Wombat said...

25 years. Nice going, Don. Maybe wedding days are predictive.

Exxxxxxactly, Girl. No disasters, no stories.

savannah said...

40 this past march 8th...and to the same guy! xoxo

Wombat said...

Yay! I love that you two have been together that long.

Congratulations.