Monday, March 2, 2009

Dogs

Travelling with dogs appears to be the new black. I guess it's a natural outcome from plumetting birthrates and the singularization of (western) societies.

Providing a service, as I do, I'm here to accommodate your needs. If that means fawning over your pooch, so be it. If it means extra cleaning because Stanley, the Cossetted Chihuahua, sheds like a blizzard, that's fine too.

But I draw the line at him nuzzling my crutch. My private parts are for select participation, and I don't choose your dog.

11 comments:

Girl said...

You should add in no pooping in the car...

savannah said...

welcome back, sugarpie! i've missed ya'll madly!;) xoxo

Iron Pugilist said...

Welcome back, mate.

Wombat said...

Oh my!

Thank you all for noticing. I thought it would be a sneaky return behind everyone's back.

Big smile here.

Anonymous said...

But what if the dog is a big tipper?

Iron Pugilist said...

You were intentionally avoiding us? :(

Wombat said...

If the pooch tips big, Eileen, he gets some crutch time. But it'd have to be at least a twenty. For that he gets ten seconds. In my experience, dogs are yet to discover the power of the gratuity.


No, not in the least, IP. Just thought I'd get back in the blogging groove slowly, is all. Without an audience I guess is what I mean. I think. Ach, I don't know what I'm thinking thesedays! Best to just put one foot after the other.

savannah said...

well, i am glad ya'll are back, sugar! ;) xoxo

Wombat said...

Thanks, Savannah! Sweet of you to notice, and say so!

Anonymous said...

Oi oi Wombat my old marsupial mate - good to see you back! Been a lot of miss with my hit lately - but little people in the house seem to have that effect on a fella apparently!

Hope all's well - want me to crack a coldie in the shed for ya - top shelf of course!

;-)

Wombat said...

Ah, Belongum, cobber. Nice to see you round these parts. Time is much better spent with younguns than contemplating a computer screen, no doubt!

Yep, crack that coldie, and I'll do the same here.

Cheers, old horse.